Welcome to Seboomook Wilderness Campground!
Seboomook Wilderness Campground is situated along the shores of Moosehead Lake, Maine’s largest lake and a premier destination for those seeking an outdoors experience in Maine. The Moosehead Lake Region is known for its wildlife, great salmon and trout fishing, and spectacular views. Located on the northwest end of the lake in the north country, SWC affords an unrivalled wilderness experience with tent sites, RV sites, cabins, Adirondack lean-to shelters, many of which are just a few steps from the water. Fall asleep to loons calling and waves slapping against sand and rocks!
RV & Tent Camp Sites
We have 87 campsites available on a wide variety of sites! Park your rig and enjoy Seboomook in comfort and style, or pitch a tent on one of our spacious campsites.
Want a roof? We have cabins available at Seboomook! Choose from one of our eight cabins, with our largest sleeping up to 10 people. We even have two “pet friendly” cabins.
What will you find here?
- RV and Tent campsites (87 of them to be exact!) located just steps from the sandy shoreline. Water and electric hookups (generator powered) available on select waterfront sites.
- Gift shop and store with basic grocery items plus novelty ice cream, ice, soda, snacks, beer & wine, gas, diesel, propane and camping items
- Hot showers available 24/7! Free to guests – no coins needed! Heated bathouse with flush toilets
- Kayak, canoe and stand-up paddle board rentals
- Playground featuring our Pirate Ship- The Jolly Seboomook!
- Reserve a slip for your boat in our Marina
- Dump station and dump service available
Where are we?
Seboomook Wilderness Campground
Why Choose Seboomook Wilderness Campground…
...for the Hunting & Fishing
Thousands of public and privately-owned acres near Seboomook Wilderness Campground are open to hunting, making us a great location to base your hunt!
Launch your boat at our marina and spend the day on the lake, or stand on the dock and cast in the early morning with the kids!
...for the Lean-Tos
People ask us all the time if we’re “the ones with the lean-tos? I can remember being at a campground with lean-tos as a little kid.” Yep! We’re the one with the lean-tos!
Did you know that SWC used to be a POW camp?
Do you know how to prononounce “Seboomook”?
Do you know how Moosehead Lake got its name?
Do you know the moose to people ratio?
...to Relax & Make Memories!
Come to SWC for a “true Maine” experience, and leave with memories that will last a lifetime!